Friday, February 3, 2012

Continental Style Knitting

This is a style that is usually used by left-handed people.  I recently learned how to knit and purl in this style for the below linked video.  I am currently working on a fair isle scarf and was getting frustrated with the two balls of yarn twisting.  After doing some research I found a number of people stated that fair isle knitting was easier and faster to do if held the main color yarn in your right hand and knitted in the English method and the secondary color in your left hand and knitted in the Continental method.  It is very easy to do and this video is better than if I ever tried to explain it myself.  I am hopping to have the scarf finished by Christmas especially since it is a Christmas present.  Once it is completed and I have given it a name I will post it.
Continental Style knit and purl video

No comments:

Post a Comment